To improve transport, parking, orientation, and accessibility
Parking is a contentious issue in every town and Worthing is no exception. The BID ensures there is good access to the Town and ensures the businesses views are presented when changes to infrastructure and parking charges are considered. The BID has also
- Arranged a parking deal for Town Centre workers in the multi-storey car parks.
- Lobbied the Council to take the multi-storey Car Parks back from NCP and at the same time reduce parking charges by 38%
- Urged for investment into the car parks to improve their visual appeal and cleansing.
- Surveyed businesses of the impact of the Covid cycle lanes on access to the Town and forwarded this information to West Sussex County Council. The lanes were removed.
- Working with the Council on a signage review